Sunday, August 29, 2010

HORRIBLE BARGAINER


On Saturday one of my favorite boutiques SPLIT OBSESSION at Ala Moana held a MACHINE MACHINE trunk show.  It was sooo good!  It helped that I had a $60 gift certificate.  I ended up spending $100-- for all of this!!!!!


Today, my friend Jess and I headed to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet.  Not as much dealers today as we had hoped.  Our theory is that everyone was at home watching this game.  But I did have a few finds...

pretty vintage DeMario earrings (I may repurpose them into a necklace, but am first trying to find out their real value. does anyone know??)


 and this little cutie...



I also found a booster seat like this in very good condition.  One of my good friends wanted to borrow ours, but for the life of me I could not find it.  I have had to turn her down on so many things that we either got rid of, or just cannot find after cleaning and moving out of our home last year.  We seriously still have boxes in storage.  Anyway, I saw it and decided to buy it for her.  

Here's the funny part. Jess and I keep telling ourselves that we need to "put our game faces on" before people think we're suckers and charge us too much for things.  But the truth is, I am a HORRIBLE bargainer.  I asked the woman how much she was selling the booster seat for.  She said "$10...are you interested?" I told her "no, that's okay."  then she says, "you can make me an offer, you know."  my reply?  "umm...I don't know how to!"  She looked at me like I was crazy and said... "you just tell me whatever price you're willing to pay...".  I said, "uh...$7, maybe...??"  she said okay, and I bought it.  And I know that I probably could have gotten it cheaper but honestly, I felt bad.  The way I calculated my asking price was by thinking about how much I wanted it for ($5) and adding on $2 extra just because I felt like she should be making some money from it.  I know I am a head case. but that's why I am a TERRIBLE bargainer. oh well.  It was still a steal. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that little pink dress/top in the first picture! :)

http://littlesugarmonster.blogspot.com

The Yamasato's said...

deals and steals! I'm gonna put my game face on and go to your house and ask for clothes. Got any clothes for my little one? See you Saturday.

Anonymous said...

tHE RED LEAF DEMARIO EARRINGS ARE GREAT. DON'T REPURPOSE THEM INTO A NECKLACE. tHEY ARE WORTH ABOUT $50-60. i WOULD BE HAPPY TO BUY THEM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. CONTACT ME AT REBECCASTEWART2@ME.COM