san francisco edition
I am all things san francisco this week because of our upcoming trip. here are some of the reasons I loooove visiting san francisco--and why we go there so often.
(warning: image heavy)
- DOE: a cute little boutique on haight street--they tend to carry a lot of deer, mushroom, red riding hood, and russian doll items...
- KINOKUNIYA STATIONERY STORE (in japan center): the best stationery store--ever. it is the place that started my love for japanese masking tape and .4mm sarasa gel pens.
- DOJIMA ANN: there's no reason to miss good japanese food in san francisco. this place is sooo good and close to what we get at home in hawaii, if not better. we eat here at least three times whenever we visit.
(source: yelp via mango t)
- AMOEBA RECORDS: we usually visit the haight street location, and I can spend hours browsing. tons of used cds. during our last trip I was feeling nostalgic for high school and picked up used copies of blind melon, the smashing pumpkins, tom petty, stone temple pilots, and violent femmes.
- CALIFORNIA ACADEMY OF SCIENCES: this place brings out my inner geek--even more than is already out.
- PRETTY VICTORIAN HOMES:
- THE FACT THAT THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO THERE: ferry building farmer's market, union street festival, indie-mart, de young museum, fifty24sf, renegade craft fair, workshopsf, san francisco children's art center, etc, etc.
- I LOVE THESE MOVIES AND SHOWS FILMED IN SAN FRANCISCO: charmed, the pursuit of happyness, the joy luck club, mrs. doubtfire, the wedding planner.
I am getting so excited, which explains why I talk about it so much. can't wait to share our adventures... and my purchases--I plan to shop till I drop!