Tuesday, May 11, 2010

TERU TERU BOZU


 I'm so excited to share this project with you, as it reminds me of my childhood. when I was young my grandma would sometimes make me a teru teru bozu, to chase the rain away.  she would just use kleenex, and string, and color in the face with a marker. much like these:


I recently came across a teru teru bozu project by a fabulous artist, maman marche the site is completely in japanese, but her projects are so inspiring.  tutorial found here-- also in japanese but way easy to follow. I adapted the measurements to a 14cm circle, with a 6cm-circumference running stitch in the center to make a smaller version.  I used a floral fabric because it's the only one I had on hand at the moment, and I also used acrylic paint with a thin paintbrush for the facial features.

by maman marche

my little guy

these are quick and fun, and can be adapted in so many ways with different fabrics, and trims.  let me know if you try this, I'd love to see other versions!

No comments: