Tuesday, August 10, 2010

WEEKEND RECAP...and other ramblings


  • on friday night I got my butt out of the house, and spent it bar hopping with a few of my girlfriends at first friday.  
  • saturday was shopping day. we were out all day. marc needed new clothes badly-- especially since his favorite shorts had a huge rip.  so his sugar mama (haha) took him shopping.  I guess it's a new day and age -- I'm always the one who's paying...isn't it supposed to be the other way around?  hmmm.
  • sunday evening after em went to sleep, I indulged in the latest true blood episode-- this season is fabulous! and then did some crafting while watching the ever therapeutic rob dyrdek (fantasy factory) on dvd. 
  • then I tried to sleep while my neighbors decided to have a midnight BBQ-- I could practically hear their entire conversation and they were smoking out my room.  the thing you should know about my neighbor is that he rents out space (not rooms...space) to random people who need a place to live.  there are 2 guys that live in the patio outside the house (which happens to be below my bedroom window) and separate their "rooms" by tarp and sheets.  because our bedroom is upstairs the sound travels to us.  these are one of those times I find it oh so hard to be "kind".  at about 12:30a my dad went outside for me to ask them to keep it down.  they put out their fire and quieted down and I was finally able to get to sleep.  I'm thankful that these guys are better than the last 2 who would talk until 4 in the morning on weeknights! ai yai yai.
  •  I am also proud to say that I have finally started studying for the LCSW exam.  My brain is mush from trying to remember medication names that all sound the same, and behavioral theories that end up blending together...
  • If you haven't gone back to look at my kind hearted blogger post, please do... check out the links and take a look at all of the kind bloggers out there. amazing.  they are truly inspiring.  it was also featured at one of my favorite blogs-- kind over matter.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i dont know how u have the time to do so much and the fab crafting and exams!! Im not suprised ur brain is like mush!

Dari said...

eeeew! Is that even legal? You should contact MTA and get them out!! =)

jo_annie said...

we have been dealing with the MTA for YEARS about this--seriously YEARS. they really have no power.

jo_annie said...

Claire...

I so wish there were more time in a day...or that we didn't need to sleep! =)