Saturday, August 28, 2010

ART + FLEA = INCREDIBLE

I had the best time at this month's ART + FLEA held at Fresh Cafe in Honolulu. There were about 40 local vendors selling DIY, and VINTAGE items.  It was like going to a thrift store with all of the best finds sorted through there for the taking (I mean purchasing).  And by the way... the cafe part is a MUST in itself. it's really cute, and the food is so good.



As my friend Jess says, we are "the crazies".  we tend to get VERY EXCITED about things that others around us might not share in.


 My intent was to take a lot of photos, but I was too distracted by all of the goods!  It really reminded me of the Indie Mart in San Francisco.  In fact I felt like I was on the mainland.

I left with:

a vintage owl pen holder (with free buttons)

okay, so here's where the crazy part starts to rear it's ugly head...
I was BEYOND THRILLED to find this little Pinocchio figurine, and even more thrilled to hear that she wanted 50 cents for it. 50 cents!!  I was like, why isn't everyone fighting over this gem?  I got a little high off it.  and then I went home and saw that someone is selling it on ebay for $9!!  it's a McDonald's toy!

here's Pinocchio after telling a lie.  his nose grows!  that was the seller!

I also bought this pretty remade necklace by popcloth

and a vintage dress.  it has a tiny hole at the waist, but I plan on wearing it with a belt so it's no problem.

the best part.  I only spent just about about $30 for all of that!!!  I already can't wait for next month.

3 comments:

BSOTF said...

I'm so thrilled for you. You got to get things that you liked & have fun with your friends while doing it. Yes, you never know what you will find at such places & save moeny doing it. Have a wonderful weekend.

Kristie said...

I love flea markets and thrift stores so much! That dress is adorable! Great finds!!

Rachel M said...

Great finds!
Hope you have a good weekend!

XxX