Thursday, July 22, 2010

INSPIRATION THURSDAY: DEADLIEST CATCH

I have been a fan of Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch from the very beginning. This season has been following Captain Phil's death. It's very sad, and also touching--the camera men are fantastic. I really hope they have won, or will won some kind of award for cinematography. They truly are amazing. They have been able to pay special tribute to Captain Phil while still maintaining and not losing focus of the show's true subject-- crab fishing. I think they've done a respectable job. In honor of Captain Phil, and Deadliest Catch--I decided to do a Nautical inspired post.



You'll probably laugh because Deadliest Catch is such a manly show, and this post and the stuff in it are so girly.  But I'm girl, so here goes:


(from: 8smake)

(from: Quizz)
SIDE A:
  1. Ocean Breathes Salty - Modest Mouse
  2. Girl Sailor - The Shins
  3. Across the Sea - Weezer
  4. Overboard - Ingrid Michaelson
  5. Badfish - Sublime

SIDE B: 
  1. You're Crashing, but You're No Wave - Fall Out Boy
  2. The Water - Feist
  3. Sea of Heartbreak - Kapena
  4. March into the Sea - Modest Mouse
  5. Hurricane - Lisa Loeb

NAUTICALFashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww..I watched that episode too. It was so sad. Loving the inspo you chose though!! <3

~LilCountryBelle~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~LilCountryBelle~ said...

I love that show have not watched it much this season :( It's just not gonna be the same w/o Captain Phil! Thanks for joining my swap.

QueenQuisa

April said...

I got addicited to the show over the 4th of july when they had a marathon and was so sad when phil died, I couldn't believe I got so emotinally invested in that kind of show but I loved it!

April (rainbowafterrain81)
I’M A BLOGGER, FOLLOW ME!!! swap

Anonymous said...

We only have the show on pay tv but I saw it last year and it was very addictive!

Jenny Lou Who said...

OOooo LOVE Deadliest Catch. Back when we could afford TV service, the hubs and I would watch it together while I cross-stitched. I haven't seen any of the current season :(.

Jenny712 from Swapbot

100MotsMinute said...

Thank you foor sharing