I thought it would be fun to participate in the C.R.A.F.T. -- Creating Really Awesome Free Trips link-up.
10 FREE (AND ALMOST FREE) THINGS TO DO ON THE ISLAND OF OAHU, HAWAII:
1. Sharks Cove: (Named for it's shape, not for having sharks) Perfect beach for kids... and adults to explore. I've always loved tide pools. This one is beautiful.
2. Matsumoto Shave Ice: The absolute best on the island. Then you can walk and shop around Haleiwa Town.
3. Watch big waves on the North Shore during the Winter:
4. Maunawili Trail Hike:
5. Kapiolani Community College (KCC) Farmer's Market: Browse around and try all kinds of food samples.
6. Stroll through Waikiki -- Fireworks, Entertainment, Street Performers, Activities, Lots of Cute Shops...
(Free Entertainment and Activities at The Royal Hawaiian)
7. Have a Picnic at Moanalua Gardens:
8. Antique store hopping in Kailua Town:
10. See an Ancient Fishpond in Heeia:
For even more ideas... go here.
To see things to do in other cities go here.